Website Absa Group Limited
You will be working in a team building and maintaining reusable Figma components used by product designers to design products for Absa CIB’s various products and services. You will collaborate with the designers and developers on the team as they build components and patterns that will make the work of dozens of developers easier. The work you do will impact the experience of thousands of customers that visit our sites and apps each day.
- Facilitate cross functional team workshops – to bring everyone together at key points in the process and around key decisions.
- Design and define interaction patterns through components, documentation, and prototypes.
- Maintain our core principles in visual style, typography, spacing, motion, and interaction.
- Collaborate with the team to ensure proposed solutions balance user needs, business strategy and technical constraints.
- Influence, challenge and support other designers within our product area to deliver high quality product experiences.
- Ensure our Design System meets standards and guidelines for accessibility.
- Build strong, inclusive, collaborative relationships with peers, including designers, product managers, developers, and cross-functional team members.
- Identify emerging trends, and turn them into reusable patterns.
- Maintain and improve a Design System contribution model to streamline the process of multiple product teams building common and bespoke components.
- Significant exposure to working and collaborating with UX and Front-end Development teams.
- Established working knowledge of standards and best practice for designing user interfaces and design systems for web and mobile applications.
- Knowledge of contemporary online patterns, interaction paradigms and core online experiences.
- Excellent typesetting, design and layout skills.
- Experience working within an Agile environment.
- Practical familiarity with digital design principles and standards, with clear judgment/rationale for design direction. Must have multi-format, multi-screen awareness.
- Working knowledge and practical experience using Figma.
- A strong portfolio of digital design work demonstrating knowledge of typical online patterns and interaction paradigms.
Qualification & Experience:
- National Diploma or Advanced Certificate in an appropriate discipline of equivalent NQF level 6 qualification.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant professional experience, with 2+ years in building and maintaining design systems.
- Strong track record of crafting, launching, and maintaining design systems at scale.
- Experience conducting audience and usability research including benchmarking, heuristic reviews, surveys, analytics, stakeholder interviews and usability testing is to your advantage.
Company: Absa Group Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A