The purpose of the role is to manage customer debt through effective and efficient collections tactics in order to minimize the loss to Absa. This will involve negotiating repayment from customers with the objective of rehabilitating customer accounts, before they deteriorate further into delinquency.
- Agree collections targets on a monthly basis with the Team Leader in line with portfolio and product targets as communicated by Customer Value Management.
- Meet the minimum productivity requirements for calls on a daily basis to ensure optimisation of the collections function and achievement of the monthly collection target.
- Adhere to internal systems access control policies at all times and report any irregularities to the Team Leader or relevant party.
- Adhere to the internal code of conduct at all times and report any irregularities to the Team Leader or relevant party.
- Manage customer accounts and calls by logging on to and updating the relevant collections systems including Megallon and Avaya.
- Use the appropriate collections scripts and other tools available to verify clients identity and negotiate with customers to obtain a promise to pay (PTP) or to negotiate the repayment terms which will achieve the best outcome for both the
- Encourage team work and assist other team members when able to do so.
- Actively support change initiatives within the team or larger SBU and suggest possible areas of improvement to the
- Team Leader as and when these are detected.
- Bank and the customer.
- Identify fraudulent accounts and escalate these concerns to the Team Leader
- Complete all compulsory training within the required time frame.
- Influencing Others – understand individual complex situations for customers in order to identify the most appropriate repayment terms and ensure maximum revenue for the Bank
- Negotiation – effective negotiation of repayment terms to ensure debt is repaid as quickly as possible whilst ensuring affordability to customer’s circumstances
- Target Driven – working within a fast paced, structured environment with a desire to exceed set targets and develop knowledge and skills within Collections.
- Excellent communication – able to follow the collections scripts and calm irate customers down.
- Service Excellence – dealing with customers regarding potentially complex financial / emotional situations and ensuring that situations are effectively resolved to the benefit of the business and the customer without escalation to team leader.
Qualification & Experience:
- Matric or equivalent NQF level 4 qualification
- Relevant National Diploma/Higher certificate or equivalent NQF level 5 qualification preferred
- At least 3 (three) years Collection experience in a Banking or Financial Call Centre environment
- At least 3 (three) years experience in a customer services/facing role
- Forbearance knowledge such as policies and procedures of Forbearance loans
- Product knowledge and experiences in personal loans, student loans and cheque accounts.
Company: Absa Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Auckland, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A