The Global Markets Internal Audit team is looking for a detail-oriented team player with an interest in financial markets who wants gain insight into the firm’s operations and control processes. The Global Markets division engages in trading, sales and research activities across all major asset classes and products in Africa, delivering pricing, hedging and risk management capabilities to both corporate and institutional clients. This Global Markets environment is a fast paced, dynamic environment with limitless learning opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key audit contacts on each audit by attending continuous stakeholder meetings. In addition, engage closely with stakeholders during assignments and encourage open discussion and interaction with business on the risks associated in their environment
- Engage proactively with Internal Audit colleagues Absa Internal Audit (AIA) / Barclays Internal Audit (BIA) during assignments and request technical assistance where required. Technical assistance may be requested for the review of the risks and controls to be tested, audit working papers and audit report.
- Based on knowledge of business areas, provide guidance to other auditors and peers by sharing best practice so that their work meets and sometimes exceeds quality standards.
- Support the Audit manager in the identification of risks to be tested by participating in planning sessions.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of Absa and the various business areas and use this knowledge to assess risks and controls through identifying, assessing and documenting risks and controls within these processes.
- Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of controls and document all working papers in Synergy for review by the audit manager.
- Deliver assigned by the Audit Manager / Head of Audit work to a high quality and in accordance with the requirements of the Quality Assurance scorecard.
- Creating and innovating
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Relating and networking
- Deciding and initiating action
- Learning and researching
- Adapting and responding to change
- Persuading and influencing
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 years experience in Internal/External audit or commensurate experience in a major financial institution
- 2 years’ experience in Risk Based Auditing or Risk/Control activities
- B Degree (Commercial, Informatics, Statistics); and/or
- CIA (Levels 1,2 or 3)
- Honours (Commercial, Informatics, Statistics)
- CA (SA) (preferred)
Company: Absa Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A