Website Absa Group Limited
The purpose of the role is to manage the support, development and maintenance of the financial aspects of the Financial Reporting Systems and General Ledgers as well as participate in research, design, development and testing of improvements or new solutions to ensure financial data integrity. Assist with strategy and business requirements for FC Systems, manage and deliver financial and management reports to FC and other Group functions. Provide leadership, training and support to stakeholders and team.
- Recommend areas for improvement in order to reduce cycle times, improve productivity, create capacity and improve process reliability and customer satisfaction
- Assist in the implementation of new and/or enhanced processes
- Ensure the satisfaction of the customer (internal or external) needs by responding efficiently, ensuring high quality of work and by meeting the required deadlines
- Agree and manage service offerings and SLAs with internal customers (agree annually and measure on a monthly basis)
- Support and ensure accuracy of specific financial and management reports
- Assist with the management of the day to day operations of the business area
- Propose Metadata changes to simplify reporting.
- Create and maintain standard and specific financial and management reports. (Focus on SAP4 HANA Business Warehouse (BW), Hyperion Planning, CDM and HFR Reporting but not limited to these Reporting Tools)
- Identify activity-specific risks and work with Process Owner / Process Architect to mitigate risks
- Maintain awareness of own activities and the impact thereof on related / inter-dependent activities
- Establish and execution of sufficient controls for the balancing process of financial systems.
- Execution of the balancing process of financial systems.
- Identifying opportunities to streamline the use of financial data and system functionality.
- Establish and enforce a stable environment for the maintenance/enhancement of financial processes.
- Report writing
- Quantitative finance skills
- Risk knowledge (credit and market risk)
- Presentation skillsDeciding and initiating action
- Learning and researching
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Relating and networking
Qualification & Experience:
- 5 – 8 Years’ experience in banking/financial and financial systems
- Preferred – Understanding of information systems and technology
- Intermediate exposure and understanding of SAP4 HANA BW and Hyperion Planning concepts
- Intermediate skill in the development of Business Objects Web Intelligence reports and Dashboards.
- B Degree in Commerce or Advanced Diploma in Accounting or Advanced Diploma/B Tech in Information Technology (NQF Level 7).
- 3 – 5 Years’ experience in support, development, and maintenance of financial reporting tools
Company: Absa Group Limited
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Sandton, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A