The Head of Public Policy for South Africa will join a growing and dynamic team that works across Europe, Middle East, Africa, India and Asia-Pacific, in support of Amazon’s global consumer and digital businesses. Like our business interests, our policy issues are broad, forward-thinking, and driven by what is best for our customers.
- You will be a confident leader, but are also able to operate respectfully and collaboratively within wider regional and international structures.
- You will coordinate Amazon’s engagement with relevant industry associations and wider coalitions, and manage consultancy support.
- You will have an astute understanding of the public policy and regulatory environment as well as the key stakeholders within it.
- You will lead external advocacy efforts, outreach programs, partnerships, and initiatives in support of these business objectives.
- Knowledge of policy-making processes and government relations in West Africa.
- Ability to think critically, process data from multiple sources, forecast potential scenarios, prioritize based on probability and desired outcome, and recommend a best course of action.
- A track record of highest integrity and public policy success.
- Ability to concurrently address numerous and wide-ranging issues, and deal effectively with a broad range of public policy matters.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience of public policy leadership in consumer-facing, technology or retail companies.
- 15+ years of relevant public policy and advocacy experience, e.g. within corporate public policy and government relations, in public administration, trade associations or non-governmental organizations.
- Experience working at high level and collaboratively in a highly-matrixed environment, alongside teams including Legal, PR, and business teams.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: IT Consulting
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A