As members of E2M’s Health and Escalation Management team, we work to keep customers informed and moving forward when they are facing challenges using AWS’ products and services. We are responsible for driving critical customer problems to resolution, ensuring the right internal “Owners” are engaged to assist us and act as an advocate for the customer.
- Facilitating post mortems of operational failures, implementing corrective actions and identifying improvement opportunities for existing processes.
- Deliver planned operational communications to customers in accordance with AWS communication tenets and style guides
- Design, build, or collaborate on solutions using automation and self-repair rather than relying on human intervention
- Other duties as required by the organization
- Drive critical, complex customer escalations in situations that are sometimes technically challenging in collaboration with Engineering Teams.
- Partner with AWS Service Teams to craft communications, helping to identify and remove technical ambiguity
- Provide clear, concise and timely communication on work items to relevant internal stakeholders
- Open to working alternative hours (i.e. 7am-3pm or 10am-6pm), including some weekends and holidays as required
- 4+ years of experience in technical operations or support focused on cloud infrastructure
- Demonstrated proficiency with Systems (Windows/Linux) and Networking concepts
- Tertiary qualification/Bachelor’s Degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field
- Experience in Support Engineering, Customer Escalations, Technical Communications, or similar IT role
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: IT Consulting
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A