Our Software Development Managers are strong technical leaders and owners who’s primary responsibilities are to hire and develop great talent, engage with stakeholders and customers to build out feature roadmaps for the services they own. Finally, they manage the Software Development Life Cycle and operations of these services. Our managers exemplify Amazon’s leadership principles.
- Evolution of the software engineering practice within the organization, including better reporting, tools, and evolution of development methodology
- Proven results oriented person with a delivery focus and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
- Report on status of product quality to management, customer support and product teams via rigorous execution of detailed plans and accurate reporting of test cases executed, bugs discovered, bugs fixed, etc.
- Continue to build an effective development organization by driving the recruiting and hiring of senior level engineers, developing and managing the group, and conducting performance reviews of team members
- Degree in Computer Science/Information technology or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience with one or more development methodologies.
- Experience in developing engineering processes.
- 5-10 years experience in Software development
- MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Sciences or equivalent
- Experience with Linux/Unix and UNIX tools.
- 4+ years as a Software Development Manager
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Internet Publishing
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A