AWS Support is looking for a leader with a strong background in Incident Management and customer ownership to be there during the moments that matter for our most critical customers. We are looking for a Major Incident Manager to join our team to provide incident response and account ownership.
- Drive the resolution of large scale customer impacting incidents as part of a team rotation
- Prioritize, manage, and own emerging and developing customer issues from start to finish
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across AWS to improve the customer experience and develop mechanisms that support operational excellence
- Drive critical, complex customer escalations in situations that are sometimes technically challenging in collaboration with Engineering Teams.
- Lead projects and virtual teams to drive operational improvements
- Provide critical incident response/management (including leading calls with internal/external participants) for customer’s critical workloads
- Conduct continuous real-time proactive monitoring of customer metrics
- 2+ years of experience in Support Engineering, Network Engineering, Solutions Architecture, or similar IT role.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Science/Technology, Communications Engineering, Business, or a related field (or 6+ years of relevant work experience)
- 5+ years demonstrable Major Incident / Problem Manager Experience for organizations that run mission critical applications
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: IT Consulting
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A