Amazon Web Services is the market leader and technology forerunner in the Cloud business. As a member of the AWS Support team you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology, assisting a global list of companies and developers that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
- Interact with leading engineers around the world.
- Drive customer communication during critical events.
- Drive projects that improve support-related processes and our customers’ technical support experience.
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to our customers’ individual needs.
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple AWS services.
- Partner with Amazon Web Services teams to help reproduce and resolve customer issues.
- Write tutorials, how-to videos, and other technical articles for the developer community.
- Leverage your extensive customer support experience to provide feedback to internal AWS teams on how to improve our services.
- Experience with System Administration and troubleshooting with Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat) and/or Microsoft Windows Server and associated technologies (Active Directory)
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science / Information Technology, Data Science, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field OR equivalent experience in a technical position
- Experience in Business Analytics application, support, and troubleshooting concepts
- Experience with Networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, OSI model, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Internet Publishing
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A