As part of this growth, AWS has created a team focused on the South Africa public sector market. As a critical part of this team, this position is focused on building a broad use of cloud within the South Africa public sector by helping customers through the public procurement process.
- Educating the public sector, partners and internal AWS on the importance of efficient procurement approaches so that public sector organizations can fully benefit from cloud agility, innovation and cost savings.
- Defining and executing strategy to build effective government cloud buying mechanisms (e.g.; tenders, frameworks, contracts etc.), with the aim to become a trusted advisor of customers and partners on cloud procurement best practices;
- Qualifying cloud opportunities, from the prospect inception phase to the bid approval, both externally than internally, in line with the sales plans of the target countries and collaborating with an international team of professionals, including Proposal, Technical Writer, Solution Architect and Security & Compliance teams;
- Shaping and driving critical cloud business sales pursuits by both AWS and our partners;
- Significant understanding of public sector industry, public acquisition approaches and contract vehicles
- Technology related business development experience: identifying, shaping and closing new business opportunities
- MBA or equivalent degree
- Completed University degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent English written and speaking skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: IT Consulting
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A