At AWS, we are hiring the best hands-on database migration experts, who can help our clients and partners migrate their business-critical databases to take advantage of the global scale, elasticity, automation and high-availability features of the AWS cloud.
- Our consultants will collaborate with partner and client teams to determine database migration strategies, build database migration business cases, analyze customers’ database portfolios, perform database assessments, develop database migration plans, design database migration processes, implement database migration tools, support the database migration execution, and ensure operational integration.
- These professional services engagements will focus on leading our customers through large-scale database migration programs and helping customers move from traditional commercial databases, warehouses, and NoSQL systems to AWS managed database services including open-source RDS, Aurora, DynamoDB, Redshift, DocumentDB and others.
- Experience working with high availability and server tuning including parameters, resources, contention etc.
- 8+ years of experience as a technical specialist in customer-facing roles
- Experience with migrating database environments from one platform to another, with hands-on expertise in two or more of the following domains: database migration strategy design, database migration business case creation, database portfolio analysis, database assessment, database migration process design, database migration tool implementation, database migration execution, or operational integration
- 10+ years of experience in Oracle or SQL Server
- Good experience with agile project management methodologies
- Experience in open-source database technology platforms such as PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: IT Consulting
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A