Amazon’s Central IT Support team provides highly-available remote support for Amazon employees worldwide. The team provides support for all used client applications, operating systems, email, VPN, mobile devices, and common collaboration services such as SharePoint and Exchange. Our customers may engage us via phone, chat or trouble ticketing.
- Defining and tracking metrics and key performance indicators to raise the bar in team performance and customer service.
- Reducing contacts through process improvement and root cause analysis.
- Coordinating a variety of projects in a highly operational environment.
- Responding to inquiries, escalations, and establishing partnerships with key customers and service owners.
- Leading a team of Remote Support Engineers. Recognising inefficiency and driving process improvement to enhance the productivity of all Amazonian’s.
- Working with engineering teams to plan for the support of new tools and services and improving the level of support provided for existing ones.
- An understanding of enterprise IT systems such as Exchange and Active Directory, as well as exposure to a wide variety of technical products and issues.
- Proficient communication and business acumen and the ability to ensure a consistently high level of customer satisfaction.
- Proficient technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills, and the ability to deal effectively with people at all levels (technical and business audiences) and in different situations.
- Robust troubleshooting and strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability required.
- Skills and proven record in leadership and management.
Qualification & Experience:
- Proven ability to operate in an extreme high pressure dynamic fast paced situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
- 3+ years experience managing a medium enterprise client support team (IT helpdesk, service desk support preferred).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Internet Publishing
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A