Website Anglo American
De Beers Marine requires the services of an R&D Electronic Software Engineer. The responsibilities for this position are the development of bespoke geophysical, positioning and sonar based visualization systems. Future challenges will be development of autonomous mining systems based on these technologies. The nature of the work involves innovating or problem solving. The role involves a high degree of individual contribution, and good application at both a practical as well as theory level.
- Electronic systems development
- Software development
- Analysis of business / technical problems
- Research and development activities
- Theoretical and practical acumen in electronics, software engineering, signal processing, image processing, machine vision.
- Development experience in some of the following: C++ or C# in Visual studio, Python and Matlab
- Experience in working with electronic workshop tools and equipment.
- Interest in the machine learning and AI systems / development of autonomous systems.
Qualification & Experience:
- Medically fit to go to sea, and suitable to obtain Namibian temporary work visa and restricted area permit (RAP)
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or similar
- 5 – 8 years post qualification experience, coupled with proven R&D experience advantageous
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Pinelands, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A