Website Anglo American
Our De Beers organisation has an exciting opportunity for a Social Performance Specialist –Risk and Impact, based in Musina, where you will play a critical role in identifying and mitigating adverse social impacts, including potential human rights impacts through the implementation of the De Beers Social Way.
- Coordinating the SHIRA process including the M&E
- Develop and manage all action plans for identified social impacts on surrounding communities including issues related to transport, land, water, dust, noise and other impacts.
- Provide input into the development of the Social Performance programme, including the Social Management Plans. Coordinate various internal operational stakeholders for their input to Social Way Framework (i.e.
- Supply Chain and Procurement, Human Resources and Security) with regard to their area of accountability and coordinate Reporting for the Corporate Affairs Department (Social Way and Building Forever).
- Coordinate processes and procedures with project teams to continually improve the management of risks and impacts through Operational Risks Management practices and improve social performance and community engagement strategies to ensure best practice.
- Actively participate in resolving and managing conflict and grievances, and conduct stakeholder engagements related to risks.
- Provide input into departmental budget and monitor budget spend in area of responsibility
- Proven track record of dealing with internal/external stakeholders aligned to social performance.
- Strong understanding of Operational Risk and Impact Management Process.
- Proven track record of implementing and managing Social Performance Management Systems.
- Experience in the use of IsoMetrix or a similar electronic management system would be an advantage.
Qualification & Experience:
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in Social Performance, Environmental or Risk Management field is essential
- Post graduate or Honours degree in related field is beneficial
- Mining industry experience in engaging with communities is highly advantageous
- 5-7 years’ experience working within Social Performance Management with Risk and Impact management (environmental; community and safety) is essential
- Experience in working with and managing risks, social impacts, incidents and grievance processes with communities
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Musina, Limpopo, SA
Application Deadline: N/A