Website Anglo American
The Enterprise Operations Automation Specialist role for Global IM is to provide specialist technical and support leadership within the operations automation delivery teams as well as oversee stable, reliable and performant execution of automation runbooks and processes to recover and deliver services timeously and maximise business benefit while raising end-user satisfaction.
- Define best practices around automating service restoration and service request delivery and work with teams to get those best practices applied.
- Contribute to the overall T&S strategy for the IM function, providing insights on performance targets and improvement priorities for the service scope.
- Act as the escalation point for any service scope incidents.
- Develop business cases for automation and partner with the relevant teams to implement them.
- Own a monthly service delivery review with the associated vendors measuring defined quality and quantity
- Directly orchestrate the development of an automation platform to where at all appropriate, automate the remediation and delivery of infrastructure and applications services, across both IT and OT functions, delivering a best in class global solution.
- Manage the performance of the vendors, ensure they are meeting or exceeding their contractual
- Manage all risks relating to service scope and mitigate following standard strategies.
- Design, implement, maintain, and deploy automation-related systems covering application & infrastructure alerting, event and situation data management.
- Oversee the availability, performance, and supportability of our automation infrastructure.
- Use AI and big data to identify opportunities and work with partner teams to improve systems availability and automate/optimise operations automation.
- Outsourced team management to ensure effective resource utilisation.
- Excellent change and relationship management capability.
- Strong knowledge of operations automation and principles.
- Automation services, toolsets, compliance and standards.
- An undergraduate qualification (Bachelor degree or equivalent) in the relevant IM discipline. It would be advantageous to have a post graduate qualification in the relevant IM discipline
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A