Website Anglo American
The General Miner has a legal accountability for construction blasting in terms of the MHSA and will be required to contribute and assist the mining team with the execution of all tasks relating to the role. The role for a General Miner is varied in the mining structure from moving men, material and ore to construction within the mining domain.
- Continuously liaising with supervisors and team
- Ensure that required job instructions and checklists are available to the team members
- Continues liaison with the Shift Supervisor or Shaft Foreman in relation to operations and maintenance activities
- Manage explosives and prepare blasting area to standard to ensure safe effective blasting.
- Ensure that safety and mining standards are adhered to.
- Ensure that up to date operating standards and procedures are communicated, applied and understood by the team.
- Compile an accurate shift report and forms to record operational progress and material orders
- Ensure that the working areas are safe through inspections.
- Monitor and correct the process regularly to ensure conformance to and understanding of standards.
- Must have a Driver’s license, and with own transport
- Certificate of Fitness
- Computer proficiency
Qualification & Experience:
- Matric/ Grade 12
- 1 to 3 years’ experience as a Miner /Crew Captain
- Trackless mining experience will be advantageous
- Valid Blasting Certificate
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Burgersfort, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A