Website Anglo American
We produce high-grade iron ore, the key component in steel widely used in construction and manufacturing across the world. Our activities include all aspects – exploration; mining; processing and blending; shipping; marketing and selling. In South Africa, we have mining operations in the Northern Cape province, as well as a head office in Centurion, Gauteng, and a port operation in Saldanha Bay, Western Cape.
- Ensuring that consignments are recorded, train arrival are noted and compared with wagon lists for specific train consignments – monitoring authority.
- Compiling all required documentation from Transnet on completion of vessels when loading is completed.
- Ensuring that sampling is done properly e.g. constantly monitored, methods are correct, timely analysed, results interpreted, adjustments are made – monitoring authority
- Ensuring that the shift handover happens correctly i.e. shift planning and handover sheet is complete, all information shared and submitted, acknowledgement is obtained, rainfall information is handed over – monitoring authority
- Ensure stockpiling is done properly i.e. piled on the correct stockpile, update the diagrams and report stock movement accordingly – monitoring authority
- Ensuring that reclaiming and shipping is done i.e. reclaiming is done from the correct stockpiles, correct process, water plan was consulted and that stacker reclaimers are positioned correctly – monitoring authority
- Updating of stockpile drawings on electronic management system when offloading and loading processes has been completed
- Compiling all required documentation from Transnet on completion of offloading is completed.
- Coordination of trucking and hauling contractor company for work required in stockpile area.
- Operational experience in Quality Control
- Grade 12
- Strong MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Outlook (MS Office) skills
Company: Anglo American
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Saldanha, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A