The Paediatric Nurse Mentor’s primary responsibility is to support Paediatrics/Adolescent HIV and PMTCT Programs implementation and reporting activities across the district. The Paediatric Nurse Mentor is expected to collaborate very closely with the Cluster Team Leads (CTL) and Primary Health Care Area Manager (PHCAMs) across all clusters in the district to ensure Paediatric HIV and PMTCT activities across the cascade are implemented with fidelity and reported into the district data for onward reporting to NDoH and USAID.
- Support District and Subdistrict nerve centre meetings to address priority Paediatric/PMTCT program gaps.
- Establish, facilitate and/or monitor close collaborations between BroadReach, DoH and OVC Partners within the district and facilities.
- Liaise with the CTLs and PHCAMs to provide targeted interventions to underperforming facilities.
- Train and mentor clinicians on key Paediatrics/Adolescent HIV and PMTCT Program areas.
- Establish, implement and monitor Paediatric/Adolescent Care Days in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams in selected high-volume facilities.
- Identify key program gaps and develop improvement plans to address gaps identified.
- Ability to connect the dots, make linkages and collaboratively work across the organization to optimize the client experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Attention to detail
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience and knowledge of public health facilities
- Teaching, training or mentoring experience is a must
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working on USAID/PEPFAR funded programmes
- Post graduate diploma in Child Nursing (Paediatric Nurse Specialist)
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in PHC setting in Paediatric HIV care and treatment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: IT Consulting
Job Location: Gert Sibande, Mpumalanga, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A