Provides direct clinic services, advise, train, coach and mentor facility and hospital level Department of Health (DoH) & BroadReach staff in line with guidelines, policy and/or evolving DoH needs. Driving the 90-90-90 HIV and TB agendas for adults and children at facility and district/cluster level, ensuring that patients are being tested for HIV/TB captured in the care system, treated with antiretroviral and/or TB treatment, and are virally suppressed and/or cured of TB.
- Provide direct service delivery: clinical assessment, diagnosis, patient management & education and record keeping for patients with HIV/AIDS and/or TB (adults and children) in hospitals and primary health care facilities.
- Train and mentor the CTLs, PNs, ENs and DCs in your cluster on correct clinical and data management of PLHIV and in the use of BR products e.g., Vantage
- Mentor BroadReach and DoH staff on HIV and TB diagnostics, treatment & care as per gaps identified.
- Monitor the functioning of patient care, systems and processes at supported PHC facilities, CHCs, hospitals, Wellness clinics and provide collaborative recommendations/solutions to meet targets.
- Stay relevant and up to date with regulations and new developments, take ownership of personal career development, leveraging formal and informal opportunities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of issues and current guidelines related to HIV/AIDS is essential
- Takes responsibility for work activities and follows through on agreed implementation plans.
- Understanding of healthcare systems, the local political landscape involved in Facility, Sub-district and District level in resource limited settings.
- Understanding of 90-90-90 HIV and TB agendas for children and adults
- Be solution focused and has a customer centric mindset
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of postgraduate experience working with USAID, CDC, PEPFAR or any donor funded projects/programs across multiple facilities.
- A minimum of 7-10 years clinical experience, of which 5 years must be clinical HIV/AIDS experience including the provision of ART
- Experience in conducting clinical audits with subsequent technical assistance and report compilation is essential
- Post graduate qualification in HIV/AIDS Management.
- Post graduate certificate in Clinical HIV/AIDS or TB or STI Course preferably
- Experience in teaching and supervision of clinicians in HIV/AIDS programs is essential with experience in delivering presentations and facilitating workshops
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: IT Consulting
Job Location: Ugu, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A