The Paediatric Nurse Mentor’s primary responsibility is to support Paediatrics/Adolescent HIV and PMTCT Programs implementation and reporting activities across the district. The Paediatric Nurse Mentor is expected to collaborate very closely with the Cluster Team Leads (CTL) and Primary Health Care Area Manager (PHCAMs) across all clusters in the district to ensure Paediatric HIV and PMTCT activities across the cascade are implemented with fidelity and reported into the district data for onward reporting to NDoH and USAID.
- Conduct site support visits to underperforming facilities and provide TA support.
- Establish, facilitate and/or monitor close collaborations between BroadReach, DoH and OVC Partners within the district and facilities.
- Support District and Subdistrict nerve centre meetings to address priority Paediatric/PMTCT program gaps
- Liaise with the CTLs and PHCAMs to provide targeted interventions to underperforming facilities.
- Conduct file audits for Paediatrics/ Adolescent HIV and PMTCT.
- Train and mentor clinicians on key Paediatrics/Adolescent HIV and PMTCT Program areas.
- Establish, implement and monitor Paediatric/Adolescent Care Days in collaboration with multidisciplinary teams in selected high-volume facilities.
- Identify key program gaps and develop improvement plans to address gaps identified.
- Be solution focused
- Knowledge of computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Results orientation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to connect the dots, make linkages and collaboratively work across the organization to optimize the client experience
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience and knowledge of public health facilities
- Teaching, training or mentoring experience is a must
- Post graduate diploma in Child Nursing (Paediatric Nurse Specialist)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working on USAID/PEPFAR funded programmes
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in PHC setting in Paediatric HIV care and treatment
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: IT Consulting
Job Location: Nkangala , Mpumalanga, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A