Website South African Revenue Service - SARS
SARS is looking for highly skilled, experienced, results driven specialist Java developer to join our team of dedicated, passionate software engineers. S/he will be responsible for designing, developing and implementing new applications as well as maintaining existing applications. He/she should have significant work experience developing Java enterprise applications (Java Enterprise Edition). He/she should have good knowledge of complete Software Development Life Cycle. In addition, he/she should be able to mentor junior developers within the team.
- Correctly apply policies, practices, standards, procedures and legislation in the delivery of work outputs.
- Utilize specialised technical specifications that will enhance operational delivery within predefined standards.
- Accumulate information to review work progress that provides input to reporting, decision making and the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Execute specialist input through investigation &opportunities within the product process including risk concern.
- Provide specialist input through the investigation of opportunities for operational and process product and risk optimisation.
- Apply practical and applied knowledge and act authoritatively on methods, systems and procedures to identify trends and potential risks.
- Communication of situational interpretation and judgement of work outputs and queries in area of specialisation.
- Initiate process and procedural change, implement the change and provide guidelines and support related to new requirements as a result of the change.
- Draw on own knowledge and experience to diagnose symptoms, causes and possible effects in order to solve emerging problems.
- Plan for value-added process improvements, initiatives and services to deliver on operational strategy and objectives.
- Apply software changes in a manner that contributes to efficient and effective service delivery and optimized quality.
- Keep up to date on trends and developments within Project Management, Software Development Life Cycle, supporting methodology, and the industry of the organisation.
- Implement initiatives relating to projects that will lead to improved processes within business.
Qualification & Experience:
- 1Oracle Certified Professional Java EE 7 Application Developer
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) and Relevant Certification – such as or any other Technology supported by the SARS Enterprise Architecture Framework and 5-7 years’ experience in a Software development environment
- Oracle Certified Professional Java SE Developer (Any Version).
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree / Advanced Diploma (NQF 7) AND 5-7 years’ experience in a Software development environment, of which 2-3 years ideally at functional specialist level
- Senior Certificate (NQF 4) AND 15 years Software development experience
Company: South African Revenue Service – SARS
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A