Website Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies in Mpumalanga has a an opportunity for a security guard to Render a security service in terms of the Private Security Industry Regulations Act 56 of 2001 as amended for the Dis-Chem Group that meets Dis-Chem’ security requirements to protect assets, property and staff by creating a safe and secure environment, through identifying signs of criminal activities or disorder and investigating disturbances while adhering to legislation relevant to the industry and best practice.
- Report any suspicious incidents verbally to management in detail with the submission of a written detailed report as soon as conveniently possible.
- Be clearly visible as far as reasonably possible as deterrent to discourage criminal activities, prevent theft, – damage, – personal injury, and other dishonourable acts.
- Maintain and complete all registers and occurrence books.
- Supervise and check refuse removal according to Dis-Chem standards
- Practice good customer service relations for all Dis-Chem internal and external customers.
- Opening and closing procedures-to be present observant and vigilant at the opening and closing of the site.
- Ensure that all doors and windows are locked at the end each day.
- Do thorough and proper vehicle searches throughout the day.
- Be professionally courteous and friendly, approachable, and willing to help others when receiving guests, customers and employees.
- Access control – searching of staff, suppliers and company merchandisers.
- Cancel staff purchasers and goods declared.
- Report any unusual or suspicious behaviour by staff, customer or suppliers.
- Do continuous personnel frisking and searches on a daily basis.
- Protect the property and assets of the business from all dishonest persons, action or any acts of malicious behaviour that could result in the company suffering loss.
- Ensure that all water taps turned off when applicable.
- Be present at your post at all times when on duty.
- Contact policing and emergency authorities and make written or verbal reports to law enforcement officers when needed as legally required and in accordance of Dis-Chem procedures.
- Driver’s license and own reliable transport and PDP when deployed as a driver.
- MIE, clear criminal and credit.
- Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19 (proof of vaccination certificate)
- Grade C PSIRA accreditation.
- South African
- PSIRA registered.
Qualification & Experience:
- Grade C accreditation with the PSIRA
- A general minimum exposure of at least 3 years in the retail industry, such as shopping malls and warehouses
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate
- Grade 12 – Matric or a Senior Certificate
Company: Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: White River, Mpumalanga, SA
Application Deadline: N/A