Website Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Dis-Chem Pharmacies’ Hazeldean store has an opportunity available for a Dispensary Support Learner to join the team. The main purpose of this is to employ learners who are capable of doing and completing the learner basic pharmacist assistant course. This course will equip learners to understand the underlying principles of all of the major areas related to the pharmaceutical environment and dispensing and promotes the notion of quality on the job learning. Staff will be employed in a Fixed Term position as Dispensary Support until such time as they are registered with the SAPC as learner basic assistants. Only once qualified as a basic pharmacist assistant will permanent employment be offered.
- Assist with the compounding, manipulation or preparation of a non-sterile medicine or scheduled substance according to a formula and Standard Operating Procedures approved by the responsible pharmacist.
- Learn to accurately interpret scripts and act in a professional and responsible manner and within the legal requirements in accordance with the South African Pharmaceutical Council.
- Assist with call centre scripts and patient service telephone calls.
- Assist with the unpacking and merchandising of stock and cleaning of dispensary and OTC shelves approved by the responsible pharmacist.
- Any other duties assigned to them by the Dispensary Manager.
- Ensure accurate picking / packing / labelling and checking of medication and be aware of common dosages as well as important drug interactions.
- The sale of Schedule 1 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Ensure that all medications, are checked for accuracy by a pharmacist and signed by a pharmacist.
- Assist in the control of stock (manage cleanliness and packing organisation of shelves and medicine expiry dates) of Schedule 1 to Schedule 5 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Follow up with patients regarding script tracking report as requested by the dispensary manager and follow up appointments.
- English and 2nd language – Read, write and speak.
- Computer, numerical skills.
- Time management, deadline driven, dealing with pressure, attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, listening, customer service/focus, problem solving, team player, conflict management, leading by example, accountability, professional conduct, trustworthy and honest.
Qualification & Experience:
Grade 12 – Matric or a Senior Certificate with Mathematics (HG), Life Science and or Physical Science and obtained at least an average of 50%
Company: Dis-Chem Pharmacies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A