Website DSV - Global Transport and Logistics
The Operational Finance Specialist is to analyse the financial position, reporting of different modes within the branch. The Operational Finance Specialist needs to support the Senior Operational Finance Lead with clear and objective comments on different daily business matters based on the branch performance and provide operations with a means of guidance on its decisions regarding its business performance.
- Follow-up the evolution of the gross profit in terms of volumes/margin and deliver a forecast for month end.
- Analyze the branch results and propose different initiatives to improve the profitability.
- Ensure that the different financial processes are respected locally/regionally not only by the finance employees but also operational persons.
- Analyze and improve the different process regarding the estimations of the work in progress and gross profit.
- Be the point of contact between the regional Financial Controlling team and Operations.
- Participate in internal audit missions to assess potential risk / profits within the branch.
- Ability to work long hours when necessary and flexibility to adapt to deadlines.
- Always looking for ways to improve
- Able to solve problems and identify root causes
- Self-motivated and willing to use own initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure, with tight deadlines
Qualification & Experience:
- Cargowise1 and Webcost experience advantageous
- BCom – Accounting or Similar
- Grade 12
- SAP experience Essential
- Advanced computer literacy level in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Company: DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Employees
Job Location: Kempton Park, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A