Website DSV - Global Transport and Logistics
This role forms part of the SCO Systems team, who is responsible for the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of the Inventory Optimization solutions and services to our clients.
- Ensure appropriate level of documentation of solutions to allow easy handover to system operations and ensure business continuity
- Drive standardization and process optimization to eliminate unnecessary manual intervention in legacy implementations.
- Conduct Peer reviews to ensure implementation of best practices & coding standards & drive configurable designs to allow configurable customization.
- Establish and maintain a good relationship with the business SCO teams (Inventory Optimization and Demand Planning).
- Self-motivated, with the urge to understand how underlying systems & processes work and fit together.
- Ability to interpret business requirements and translate it into functional & design specifications
- Driver’s license, own vehicle, ability and willingness to travel nationally and internationally, and work long hours when needed.
- Good knowledge, understanding and application of SDLC (software Development LifeCylce)
- Good written and oral communication skills, with the ability to present information and feedback in a user-friendly language.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with design and implementation of Infrastructure and architecture (required)
- Advanced database querying skills (Required – Minimum of 4- 5 years)
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in MS SQL (writing complex SQL with ability to optimize SQL queries, DBA knowledge)
- MS SQL DBA experience (required)
- Advanced MS SQL development experience (required)
Company: DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Employees
Job Location: Kempton Park, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A