Website DSV - Global Transport and Logistics
The application architect plays a key role in the design, specification, development (coding), testing and maintenance of software systems according to user requirements.
- Develop code that is easy to maintain and understand with quality of software and application the focus
- Produce detailed specifications for both in-house development and integration with third party platforms
- Analyse the user requirements and create functional specifications for developers.
- Review code that has been written by others in code review sessions
- Accurate estimation of development effort involved to produce system as per user requirement
- Take part in analysis and system design, including modifications and additions to the database
- The ability to interpret and follow technical plans
- Attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills are critical
- Must be able to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written, verbal communication and consultancy skills are a must
- An understanding of business and an appreciation of business needs
- The ability to work as a team player is essential
Qualification & Experience:
- Systems Integration experience
- Good data modelling skills and experience.
- Minimum 10 years Software Testing and Progress Programming or 4GL experience
- Experience with design of database tables and creation of ERDs
- Experienced XML design and XSD creation
- Hands-on experience in Progress 4GL OpenEdge version 10 or 10+
- Experience in converting Business Requirement Specifications into technical or functional specifications.
Company: DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Employees
Job Location: Kempton Park, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A