Website The Foschini Group - TFG
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to be part of our Merchandise Systems team to develop new approaches and techniques that enable the achievement of the digital transformation strategy whilst also solving complex business problems
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders (e.g. Infotec) across the business in solving complex business issues.
- Perform ad-hoc data mining and exploratory statistics tasks on large data sets related to the business’s strategies.
- Develop new approaches and techniques that enable the achievement of the digital transformation strategy whilst also solving complex business problems
- Design, implement, and evaluate advanced statistical models and approaches for application in the business.
- Prepare reports and presentations for relevant stakeholders that will give insights for departmental as well as business-wide decision-making.
- Ability to make decisions and develop solutions
- High resilience and agility with the ability to work well under pressure
- A focus on delivering results and meeting customer expectations
- High emotional intelligence and experience in working with diverse teams and individuals
- Sound judgment, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant working experience as a Data Scientist for a minimum period of 4-5 years
- Must have the ability and experience to analyze predictive modelling problems
- Must have a Relevant Degree in B Com Informatics / BSc Computer Science / Statistics
Company: The Foschini Group – TFG
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Retail
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A