Website Gauteng Provincial Government
- Compile and submit the Legislative Programme for the financial year to Office of the Premier
- Monitor the implementation of the annual Legislative Programme and the timely submission of inputs
- Provide guidance, support and technical information to business units on the process for the development of legislation including the Socio-Economic Impact Assessment System (SEIAS)
- Facilitate the development, review, approval process and publication of legislation
- Conduct vetting process for internal policies developed by business units
- Control internal policy register, identify alignment with mandated legislation, inform relevant internal business units on the need to review their respective policies.
- Facilitate the development, review, approval and publication of policies
- Provide awareness and training on the prescripts of PAIA and POPIA to the Department.
- Record and update legal opinions in the legal opinion file register.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of: The South African legal system, the legislative framework governing the Public Service and legal practices with specific reference to the Path to Legislation.
- At least 8 years appropriate post qualification legal experience.
- Knowledge of and experience in drafting, legal editing and interpretation of policy and legislation and the furnishing of well-researched and legally sound opinions and advice.
- LLB degree, postgraduate diploma will be an added advantage.
Company: Gauteng Provincial Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A