Website Gauteng Provincial Government
- Answer user enquiries regarding computer software hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems or appropriate software.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken or installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Install and support windows desktop packages. Provide support on printing, modem and connectivity problems.
- Prepare and maintain installation guides.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of GPG political and executive structures
- A National Diploma (NQF Level 6) / Degree (NQF level 7) or equivalent qualification in Information Technology or Computer Sciences or related filed as recognised by SAQA.
- A minimum of 1 year experience as a service desk operator.
- Knowledge Relevant legislation and Public Service Regulations.
- Understanding of expectations of customers.
- Knowledge of SLAs. Management information knowledge.
Company: Gauteng Provincial Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A