Website Gauteng Provincial Government
- Must be prepared to work night shifts when needs arise and relieve the supervisor when required.
- Work effectively and amicably at a supervisory level, with persons of diverse intellectual, cultural, racial, or religious differences.
- Able to manage own work, time, and that of junior colleagues to ensure proper nursing service in the unit.
- Display a concern for patients, promoting, advocating, and facilitating proper treatment and care and ensuring that the unit adheres to the principles of Batho Pele.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team at unit level to ensure good nursing care by the nursing team.
- Demonstrate effective communication with patients, supervisors, other health professionals and subordinates, including more complex report writing when required.
- Able to develop contacts, build and maintain a network of professional relations to enhance service delivery.
- Registration with SANC as Professional Nurse.
- Proof of current registration as Professional Nurse.
- Service records must be included
- Nursing Management will be an added advantage.
Qualification & Experience:
- Basic R425 qualification (i.e., diploma/degree in nursing) or equivalent qualification that allows registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as a Professional Nurse.
- At least 5 years of the period referred to above must be appropriate/recognizable experience in the specific speciality after obtaining the 1-year post basic qualification in the relevant specialty.
- Experience in management of Covid-19 patients (medical and surgical) an added advantage.
- A minimum of 9 years appropriate/recognizable experience in nursing after registration as Professional Nurse with the SANC in General Nursing.
- A post basic nursing qualification with duration of at least 1 year accredited with SANC in the relevant specialty (Critical care Nursing).
Company: Gauteng Provincial Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A