Website Gauteng Provincial Government
- The candidate will be responsible to perform systems analysis, design and development based on user requirements.
- Evaluate, investigate, and apply new technologies to enhance systems within the department.
- Design and develop new features for the applications, and improve existing systems; Implementation, debugging, documentation and release of software solutions.
- Communicate accurately on Project status in all appropriate meetings as well as on the relevant reports.
- Support best practice and innovation in the operational model through critical assessment of its workings and challenges to its design assumptions.
- Ability to interpret ERDs, business process, flowcharts and sequence diagrams.
- Ability to document requirements using UML. SQL – Database design, queries, reporting.
- Understanding of the build and infrastructure environment
- Strong skills to investigate and analyses information and troubleshooting.
- Good understanding of project management principles.
- Good communication skills (written and oral) and interpersonal, as well as good organizing and planning skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- A National Diploma (NQF Level 6)/ Degree (NQF level 7) or equivalent qualification in ICT/ Computer Science/Engineering or related filed as recognised by SAQA.
- A Minimum of 3 years experience in Software/Application development and support.
- Advanced experience in systems development according to the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Working experience in 4th generation computer programming languages, C++/C#, PhP, Java, programming in Visual Studio 2013 or later, ASP. Net.
- Relational Database concepts and experience in SQL for database and query design
- Experience in the Linux and windows environment, ability to write workflows, advanced experience in application development, web application development and web services.
Company: Gauteng Provincial Government
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A