Website Life Healthcare
An exciting opportunity exists for a Unit Manager in the Day Theatre at Life Entabeni Hospital, KZN. The positions will report to the Theatre Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and coordinating clinical practice and resources within the unit to achieve the company and hospital objectives of quality, growth and people.
- Function as clinical expert in achieving patient outcomes.
- Ensure competence of staff and students, determine and drive criteria for effective professional socialization, create an environment conducive to learning and provide feedback to relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrate visible leadership in respect of LHC values, operating model, nursing strategy and image of the profession, actively sponsor LHC initiatives and projects to ensure continued and improved productivity.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with doctors by agreeing professional code of conduct, driving and monitoring effective communication regarding positive patient outcomes, functioning as an advocate for
- LHC and communicate impact of industry challenges on the Nursing profession.
- Lead the implementation of the nursing care plan and co-ordinate and facilitate the delivery of the correct treatment plan within the correct MDT program in order to achieve clinical outcomes.
- Build and maintain productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. HOD’s, Enabling functions, patients, family members, service providers etc.) through ongoing communication and feedback.
- Promote customer satisfaction within unit, address customer complaints, conduct quality care rounds and clinical practice audits to monitor care levels and report accordingly.
- Drive and manage all people related processes within unit.
- Current registration with SANC
- Basic understanding of labour legislation, financial and chain management principles
- Proven leadership and people management skill would be an advantage
- Driver’s license and ability to travel
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Theatre
- Computer proficiency
- Post basic qualification in Operating Room Nursing – compulsory
- Degree or Diploma in nursing
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
Company: Life Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Berea, KwaZulu-Natal, SA
Application Deadline: N/A