Website Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa - ISASA
The Academy, in line with the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), will attempt to ensure that the confidentiality of all applicants for this role is protected. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection and reporting process. By submitting your application, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.
- Working knowledge of the latest trends in education, particularly trends in mathematics education.
- A passion for enquiry based, student-centred learning.
- An ability to work effectively as an individual and in teams.
- Ability and skill to identify students’ deficits, and bridge them.Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- An understanding of the DBE and IEB assessments as well as their curriculum frameworks.
- An ability to map a mathematics curriculum from Grade R to 12 and beyond.
- High levels of competence with technology.
- An understanding of teaching students who come from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- A commitment to personal growth and the development of others.
- Knowledge of curriculum design and an ability to design a mathematics curriculum.
Qualification & Experience:
- A BEd degree or a relevant degree with a professional teaching qualification.
- Ability to teach Junior Grades with success (a consistent average of 70%).
- Proof of up to date registration with SACE.
- A master teacher with at least five years of teaching experience in IEB Grade 12 Mathematics. Such experience must be recent and must at least have been attained over the past five years.
- Experience in teaching Advanced Programme Mathematics (APM) or Further Studies in Mathematics for the past five years, up to Grade 12 level will be an advantage.
Company: Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa – ISASA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Meyerton, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A