Website Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa - ISASA
Someone trained as a literacy and language remedial therapist and who is experienced in teaching children who need additional support in the Senior Primary
- To attend school and wider-based meetings that specifically relate to the pupils that you are supporting, such as Lighthouse department meetings, pastoral care meetings, and JP or SP meetings.
- To provide termly written reports on your work as a learning support/remedial teacher.
- To maintain accurate and factual records on learning support students which measure the level/impact of your involvement.
- To be able to research, plan and deliver focus group sessions/workshops with identified students on a range of subjects, but specifically English and Maths.
- To liaise with the Head of Learning Support, keeping them informed about the students you mentor, including notifying them immediately of any concerns that arise in relation to the students you support.
- To be able to research, plan and deliver 1:1 support sessions with identified students on a range of subjects that may be hindering individual learning.
- To provide support to parents, promoting engagement.
- Have a minimum of five years’ teaching experience
- Have practiced as a remedial teacher / therapist
- Have appropriate academic and professional qualifications
- Have the ability to identify with the values and ethos of the school
- Be passionate about teaching and supporting boys who need learning support
- Have suitable experience in the use of computers as an aid to teaching
- Have a working knowledge of the ieb and new caps national curricular
- Be able to involve themselves fully in the co-curricula and extra-curricula life of the school
- Be willing to keep up-to-date with the trends in the educational and emotional development of young boy
Company: Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa – ISASA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Westcliff, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A