Website Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa - ISASA
Lead strategic direction in the inclusion of all learners who experience barriers to learning (education, curricula, resources and assessments) and the development of appropriate evidence-based structures, practices and policies.
- Driving the inclusive agenda so that appropriate practices are embedded in the culture of the School
- Being the key point of contact and liaison with classroom teachers, remedial therapists, external therapists and parents in coordinating provision for students with learning support needs.
- Working with the Head of School and School Board to ensure that the School is aligned with the guidelines for inclusive education as laid out in Education White Paper 6 (Department of Education, 2001)
- Lead and mentor the learning support team
- Overseeing the day-to-day operation of the School’s Learning Support and Inclusion policy
- Advising on the deployment of the Learning Support budget and resources
- Working with admissions and heads of grades to ensure that prospective students can be adequately supported
- Oversee and manage case conferences, provide feedback and ensure follow-through
- Advising on the School’s Response to Intervention policy.
Qualification & Experience:
- Postgraduate degree B.Ed in Inclusive Education/Early Literacy
- Further training in Structured Literacy Intervention
Company: Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa – ISASA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Westcliff, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A