Website Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa - ISASA
Candidates should have a proven record of successful school leadership as a school principal or deputy principal in a primary school and have proved to take on new challenges successfully.
- Evaluating lesson plans and observing classes (teaching, as duties allow) on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with research on learning and child growth and development.
- Manage, evaluate and supervise effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school consistent with the philosophy, mission, values and goals of the school including instructional programs, extracurricular activities, and discipline systems to ensure a safe and orderly climate, program evaluation, personnel management, office operations, and emergency procedures. Ensure compliance with all laws, policies and civil regulations.
- Serve as a role model for students, dressing professionally, demonstrating the importance and relevance of learning, accepting responsibility, and demonstrating pride in the education profession.
- Establish and promote high standards and expectations for all pupils and staff for academic performance and behaviour which will realise the full potential of all pupils.
- Maintain visibility with students, teachers, parents and the Board.
- Use excellent written and oral English skills when communicating with students, parents and teachers.
- Communicate regularly with parents, seeking their support and advice, to create a cooperative relationship to support the pupils in the school.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to be decisive while delegating meaningfully.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to be a strong ambassador
- It is important to this position that the incumbent be able to communicate fluently in English because Ridgeway Preparatory is an English medium independent and private school therefore teaching and training is done in English
- An academic and intellectual curiosity to develop effective 21st century teaching and learning
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire others to pursue excellence
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrate ability to develop and lead high performing teams
- Postgraduate qualification is preferable
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and PGCE
- At least 10 years’ experience as a primary school teacher
- At least 5 additional years’ experience in a senior management role
- SACE Registered
Company: Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa – ISASA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Makhado, Limpopo, SA
Application Deadline: N/A