Website Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa - ISASA
We are looking for a Math and Science teacher to lead our first cohort of Skye College high-schoolers to mastery as a critical component of the Thriveway. The Thriveway is a journey of learning opportunities and interactions that will prepare each learner with the competencies, knowledge and habits needed to thrive – today and in the future.
- Actively contributing to our vision of an education to thrive – for all our students, by supporting us to build a school where healthy relationships flourish; where good habits are nurtured; where students are supported to reach their full potential; and where young people are equipped to make a meaningful contribution in a 21st century society.
- Creating a socio-emotional school climate conducive to learning and connection by implementing Skye College socio-emotional programmes.
- Participating in a data-driven approach to teaching, focused on student and teacher learning and continuous improvement towards mastery for all students.
- Translating the Cambridge curriculum into an innovative, evidence-based Math and Science programme for our high-school; preparing students for success at tertiary study and work.
- Implement collaborative cross-curricular project-based learning experiences for students with the purpose of a) applying their learning from Math and Science classes to real-world scenarios b) reaching key outcomes of other Cambridge subjects such as “Thinking skills” and “Global perspectives” in a real-world, applied setting c) developing 21st century skills like problem-solving, collaboration and creativity d) contributing to their community e) building healthy relationships with self, others and nature.
Company: Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa – ISASA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Honerydew, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A