Website Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa - ISASA
Cedarwood School is an inclusive, remedial Preparatory School (Grade R – Grade 6) and College (Grade 7 – 12) in the congenial country setting of Glenferness – north of Lonehill – for children who have mild to moderate support needs which prevent them from coping adequately in a mainstream school environment.
- Coordinate academic, social and emotional support in collaboration with the SBST
- Managing the intake, application and admission of prospective learners
- Planning, participation and presentation of Staff Development on a weekly basis.
- Involvement with the identification, application, training and coordination of accommodations with SACAI for College learners
- Contribute to various meetings with Management, College Staff, School Based Support Team (SBST) and Parents
- Demonstrates values consistent with the Cedarwood School Core values
- Possess proven qualities such as empathy, organisational skills, teamwork skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have a thorough understanding of various barriers to learning and support requirements.
- Must have experience with the application of accommodations
- Have a good understanding of Response To Intervention strategies and the implementation thereof.
- Be able work under pressure
Qualification & Experience:
- Have a qualification as an Educational Psychologist and must be registered with HPCSA.
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience working within the context of an LSEN/remedial school environment or in a similar capacity in a mainstream school
Company: Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa – ISASA
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A