Website City of Cape Town
The City of Cape Town promotes and applies the principles of employment equity. In line with the City’s corporate employment equity and diversity strategy, equity policy, plan and targets, preference will be given to suitably qualified candidates from the designated groups.
- Conduct technical research, drafting and managing the preparation of technical drawings, preparing detailed tender specifications for electricity distribution substation equipment in accordance with accepted standards, convening and chairing Bid Specification Committees and overseeing the issuing of the tender document, examination of technical documentation and manage and co-ordinate technical details of tender contracts for electrical distribution substation equipment including post-award engineering phase
- Responsible for monitoring electricity distribution substation equipment performance, conducting technical investigations into equipment failures and providing general technical support.
- Research, introduce and apply new technologies and standards and practices in electricity distribution substation equipment and liaise with local and international distribution equipment suppliers and other local electricity utilities regarding current products and trends
- To establish current and proposed best practice in electricity distribution substation equipment
- Excellent technical and personnel management skills
- Extensive knowledge of power system engineering and related disciplines and of the theoretical and practical aspects of electrical distribution equipment and technologies, and of related standards
- Proficiency in compiling and managing capital budgets.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ postgraduate technical and managerial experience with extensive exposure to electrical distribution equipment and electrical distribution infrastructure, with particular emphasis and knowledge relating to MV distribution switchgear, transformers, miniature substations and substation ancillary equipment
- Registered Professional Engineering Technologist or eligible for registration
- Registered Professional Engineer or eligible for registration, or
- BEng or BSc degree in Electrical Engineering or BTech degree in Electrical Engineering
Company: City of Cape Town
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Government Administration
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A