Website City of Johannesburg
Implement an integrated and professional social work service aimed at enhancing the social work service aimed at enhancing the social functioning of individuals, families, groups and communities affected by social ills such as food insecurity, illiteracy, ill-health, low income levels and broken family structures and other poor living environments, substance abuse, lack of access to developmental support services and building resilience against modern day social challenges using the community as a base for effective program planning and design, linkages to developmental programs in pursuit of pro-poor development which provides meaningful redress.
- Group work is a professional service aimed at addressing the common needs of the clients, through support groups, therapeutic and educational groups.
- Crisis intervention of unplanned emergencies that require urgent attention or intervention as outlined in legislation like Disaster Management Act, Social Assistance Act, Childcare Act, Older Persons Act, CoJ policies or frameworks.
- Intake services is a professional requirement aimed at collecting client information, case details and develop agreed upon planned interventions to address the presenting problem of both primary and/or tertiary clients.
- Community work services aimed at providing advocacy, empowerment, and developmental services to build community resilience. Integration and coordination of the provision of the professional social work integrated methods within a multi-disciplinary approach aimed at the holistic development of the individual, family, groups, and community.
- Social research and planning are aimed at collecting demographic data, trends, patterns, assessing community needs and identifying assets within a given community to advocate and inform program planning.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Batho Pele Principles.
- Value and Integrity;
- Attention to detail and quality focused;
- High level of confidentiality;
Qualification & Experience:
- Computer literacy is an essential skill required;
- 3 years’ experience in integrated Social Work Practice;
- Must have a valid vehicle driver’s license;
- Grade 12 plus a 4-year BA Degree in Social Work/NQF level 7;
- Must be registered with SACSSP (South African Council for Social Services Professions);
Company: City of Johannesburg
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A