Website City of Johannesburg
Render an effective and efficient driver and internal and external Courier Service involving the transportation of equipment, material, documents and personnel by driving and safeguarding a Council leased motor vehicle in compliance with the City‘s vehicle utilization policies.
- Perform specific tasks/activities prior to and on completion of allocated assignments.
- Collect goods. Attend to mail from the post office and deposits/payments.
- Transporting of goods and personnel.
- Ensure that a council sponsored cellphone is available to receive calls.
- Deliver documentation to various venues as well as organizations and companies with which the region conducts business, as directed.
- Compliance with the City’s Fleet Policy.
- Collect and deliver correspondence to and from various municipal facilities across the city
- Complete internal transaction documentation (e.g. schedules, log sheet, progress report, overtime compliance etc.) and related forms (vehicles checklist).
- Ability to prioritise and reorganize trips as and when the need arises.
- Customer relation,
- Time management,
- Good communication (verbal and written),
Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 10/NQF level 2;
- 1-year relevant experience: and
- Must have a valid driver’s license Code 8, with PDP (Public Driving Permit);
- Knowledge of transport processes and procedures.
Company: City of Johannesburg
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A