Website Lancet Laboratories
Performs and analyses laboratory samples in order to provide results for medical practitioners to diagnose treat and prevent diseases.
- Performs on-site training of laboratory staff, interns, students, medical colleagues and associated health workers in laboratory techniques, processes and systems, if assigned by laboratory manager and deemed competent.
- Reports incidents, including instrument failures, problem solutions and reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organisational policy.
- Performs diagnostic testing procedures, reviews and verifies results and interacts with pathologists on technical matters to provide all relevant data that may pertain to the prevention, diagnosis or treatment of diseases.
- Adheres to professional conduct requirements in line with organisational policy and relevant professional body ethical standards.
- Assists the laboratory manager with overseeing and monitoring equipment maintenance, asset management, procurement of goods and staff overtime expenditure to ensure the most effective utilisation of resources, optimisation of stock levels and reduction of costs at all times
- Operates, maintains and calibrates the equipment used in the laboratory to ensure that it is operating efficiently and providing accurate results. This includes recording instrument maintenance and quality control results as well as recognising and resolving problems by troubleshooting mal-functioning equipment and taking corrective action.
- Attends training and seminars and participates in continuing professional development (CPD) activities to continuously update knowledge and skills as well as comply with professional registration requirements. This includes ensuring the availability of up to date records that can be presented immediately on request thereof.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Confidentiality / Sensitivity
- Attention To Detail
- Ability to work in a pressured environment
Qualification & Experience:
- National diploma in Biomedical Technology
- 0-1 Yrs Relevant Working Experience
- Registration in relevant discipline with HPCSA
- Anatomy, physiology and medical terminology relevant to medical pathology
- Relevant diploma
Company: Lancet Laboratories
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Richmond, Northern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A