Website Life Healthcare
A vacancy exists for a Maintenance Assistant based in Maintenance department at Life St Dominic’s Hospital, reporting to Cedric Ramabulana, Engineering Manager. The successful incumbent will be responsible for ensuring continuous availability of Mechanical and/or electrical services as well as air-conditioning required for the Hospital infrastructure.
- Adhere to safe working conditions
- Paintwork experience required
- Perform standby duties
- Excellent fault-finding skills are a must have
- Restoration and/ or repairs of buildings and equipment, risk management and daily check lists.
- Maintain a preventative maintenance programme
- Excellent completion of daily job cards as well as feedback thereof is high priority
- Stock & inventory control
- The candidate must have a good understanding of building engineering equipment
- Drive & energy
- Engaging diversity
- Excellence orientation
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
Qualification & Experience:
- Must be able to work under pressure, complete tasks timeously and Physically fit.
- Grade 12 or equivalent (N4) required with a minimum of 3 years in engineering maintenance or facilities maintenance environment.
- Proof of competency in any of the following fields: electrical, building, plumbing, carpentry, welding or tiling.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 – Proof to be supplied with application
- Previous hospital environment maintenance experience will be an advantage
Company: Life Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: East London, Eastern Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A