Website Life Healthcare
A vacancy exists for a Registered Nurse in the Medical Ward 2North, based at Life The Glynnwood Hospital, reporting to the Unit Manager, Nompumelelo Nxumalo. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the effective delivery of quality patient care.
- Ensure the provision of competent, clinical nursing care in the unit
- Cooperate fully with the members of the multi-disciplinary team and independently delivering nursing care
- Utilise available management tools and strategies to enhance patient experience through continuing quality improvement initiatives e.g. CFS
- Assist in the performance management of the unit staff. e.g coaching and mentor staff.
- Assist in the management of complaints from members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Use the scientific process of nursing to initiate and manage comprehensive nursing care plans that will ensure quality nursing care
- Safe Environment: Assist in maintaining an environment which is both emotionally and physically safe
- Accept accountability and responsibility for own professional actions
- Build professional relationships with the members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Provide and supervise nursing care in accordance with legislation that directly and indirectly governs nursing practice
- Utilise available management tools and participate in pro active management strategies to ensure an emotionally and physically safe patient environment e.g. SHEQ and infection control
- Utilise and supervise adherence to interdepartmental requirements with regard to stock management, case management and billing.
- Excellence orientation
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Engaging diversity
- Drive & energy
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Ethical behavior
Qualification & Experience:
- Good inter-personal skills required. Respect patient and staff confidentiality.
- Must be a Registered Nurse and registered with SANC.
- Competencies required: team player, very energetic, well organized and punctual.
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Must be able to work Flexi hours, call, chronic and acute
- Experience in Medical Ward
- Candidate must be vaccinated for COVID-19
- Driver’s license
Company: Life Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Benoni, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A