Website Life Healthcare
A vacancy exists for Registered Nurses (Theatre), based at Life Brooklyn Hospital, reporting to the Registered Nurse 2IC. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the surgical team to perform surgical procedures on patients successfully and to ensure that the patient receives optimal care in accordance with company and hospital strategic objectives.
- Ensuring the disposal of medical waste in order to effectively control infection.
- Assisting the Unit Manager to correctly monitor the normal and overtime hours.
- Ensuring accurate charging by managing theatre clocking time.
- Ensuring that the patient is comfortable and assisting the doctor during surgical procedure.
- Obtaining the correct information pre-operatively and visiting the patient post-operatively.
- Managing stock by participating in regular stock taking and controlling of the consignment stock in accordance with the hospital (local) policy.
- Ensuring the theatre team works according to the scope of practice.
- Ensuring the correct use of theatre equipment and instrumentation by educating and supervising staff on the correct utilization of the equipment.
- Ensuring the use of personal protective clothing and complying with ISO requirements.
- Providing theatre specific training and assessing the competency of staff.
- Giving feedback to the Unit Manager in order to assess optimal performance.
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Engaging diversity
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience as Recovery/Anesthetic Nurse would be an added advantage
- Registration with SANC
- General Nursing Degree/Diploma
- Computer proficiency would be an added advantage
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Relevant experience and technical skill to meet the required critical outputs
- Diploma in theatre technique specialty is required
Company: Life Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A