Website Life Healthcare
The position reports to the Nurse Manager, Maureen Khoza. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and coordinating clinical practice and resources within the unit to achieve the company and hospital objectives of quality, growth and people.
- Implement national quality initiatives within unit with the focus on improved clinical outcomes and report accordingly.
- Identify clinical and safety risks and trends in all of the above, implement corrective action where necessary and monitor on an ongoing basis.
- Initiate and drive unit specific best operating practice, communicate these for wider implementation and participate in hospital specific marketing initiatives.
- Promote customer satisfaction within unit, address customer complaints, conduct quality care rounds and clinical practice audits to monitor care levels and report accordingly.
- Proven leadership and people management skill would be most advantageous
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Basic understanding of labour legislation, financial and chain management principles
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Qualification & Experience:
- Current registration with SANC as Midwife
- Computer proficiency required
- Certified qualification in the specialist discipline is essential – Midwifery
- Relevant experience in maternity or post-natal units required
- Driver’s license and ability to travel
- Degree or Diploma in Nursing
Company: Life Healthcare
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Nursing
Job Location: Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A