Lead scrum teams in Agile development, guiding them towards product releases within set guidelines, ensuring clear communication and team organisation, product backlog maintenance and release planning, and facilitating core Agile ceremonies and practices.
- Identify key dependencies and manage them closely to ensure delivery.
- Track and ensure that delivery takes place according to the definition of Ready and/or Done.
- Provide the team with relevant prerequisites before sprints to enable them to deliver against expectations.
- Monitor and raise issues / blockers / risks early so they can be mitigated or cleared, enabling the team to deliver optimally.
- Optimise the velocity of delivery and focus on continuous improvement to enhance delivery and meet business needs.
- Knowledge of numerous well documented techniques for filling the intentional gaps left in Scrum (E.g. Burndown techniques, retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc.).
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, and up-to-date knowledge of industry standards and best practices.
- Understanding of the product lifecycle.
- Understanding of standard software development roles and responsibilitie
- Exposure to diverse IT solution implementation in a variety of environments (desirable)
Qualification & Experience:
- Insurance industry experience
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner or Project Manager (essential)
- Relevant BDegree
- Experience of managing multiple feature development in one backlog.
- Certified Scrum Master
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Insurance
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A