Website Mr Price Group
To ensure the provision of world- class sourcing of merchandise and suppliers to support the merchandise strategy and eliminate unnecessary cost thereby delivering best value to delight our customers
- Be available to travel to different countries of origin to drive low cost sourcing against strategic KPI’s for the division, both factory visits/ desk top sourcing as well as Trade shows.
- Identify key value price points in the market, low cost source through new county of origin to maximise value positioning in the market through both Stock purchases as well as Fresh production opportunities
- Oversee the critical path management up to handover to forwarder date in order to ensure on time delivery of merchandise and correct product execution.
- Work closely with the merch team on finding proactive solutions to mitigate any delivery delay impact on the business.
- Partner with respective merchants in reacting to the trading environment in order to maximise sales
- Product construction
- Fabric and Material understanding
- Effective Communication
- Cultural sensitivity awareness
- Relationship management
- Manufacturing and Production processes
- Presentation skills
Qualification & Experience:
- 3 years-5years Homeware Buying Experience
- Any relevant degree or diploma
- Stock Buy Experience Advantageous.
Company: Mr Price Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Durban, Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A