Website Mr Price Group
We are currently looking for a Quality Technologist to join our team at Mr Price Home. The objective of the role of a Quality Technologist is to provide quality assurance for the products we offer and to partner with the merchant team to provide value driven merchandise.
- This is a product and admin focused role which requires the ability to critically assess samples.
- Reporting into the QA Manager, this role would be responsible for ensuring that all direct import products shipped from origin meets the agreed minimum performance requirements and are compliant.
- The role would require the Quality Technologist to research testing methods and carry out performance testing of our products under various conditions to provide assurance that they meet the product specification in line with the Consumer Protection Act.
- The ability to problem solve at supplier and store level.
- The ability to build strong working relationships.
- The ability to critically evaluate various reports which accompanies a sample.
- A basic understanding of product specifications, fabrics, product testing and manufacturing processes.
- An understanding of industry quality requirements and performance standards and the ability to review and update these requirements annually.
- The ability to carry out quality projects to support continuous improvement within product categories.
Qualification & Experience:
- At least 2 years previous quality technologist/ auditing experience within a manufacturing environment.
- A relevant qualification preferably within Textile Design/ Technology or Production Management.
Company: Mr Price Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Durban, Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A