Website Mr Price Group
To develop and execute seasonal merchandise strategies for a respective categories under supervision taking into account the business strategy, past sales history and current trade in order to forecast stock and sales and build a contemporary homeware to delight our customer
- Preparation and presentation of meaningful proposals for relevant portfolio based on the analysis of relevant product performance data, market research, industry best practice and innovation in order to provide the customer with an assortment of quality fashionable and contemporary homeware at value pricing to drive sales and business profit.
- Development of an accurate sales forecast, in order to determine optimal stock levels for the purpose of maximizing revenue and gross profit for the category/ies.
- Execution of various administrative items in order to ensure the efficient functioning of the Planning and function and execution of the business strategy.
- Continuously identifying areas of opportunity and risk within the current execution of planned stock and sales forecasted and development/implementation of individual portfolio actions to correct the projection in order to maintain the forecasted sales trajectory.
- Stock Flow Management.
- Microsoft Office (Excel proficient).
- Business and commercial acumen
- Sales Forecasting.
- Business Acumen.
- Global Logistics.
- Numerical skills.
- Retail knowledge.
- Planning KPIs (Key Performance Indicator).
Qualification & Experience:
- 1-2 Years’ experience as a Trainee Planner.
- 2-4 Years planning experience in Retail.
- Relevant Degree or Diploma (Bachelor of Commerce (Finance, Supply Chain & Logistics, Retail Business Management, Economics related).
Company: Mr Price Group
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: N/A
Job Location: Durban, Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A